How can we help you?
POS Enterprises is a planning consultancy with a difference.
As an extension of the Society we share its public sector ethos and its objective of supporting the success and improvement of local government planning. As a matter of policy we work only for public sector clients. We provide a tailored service, geared to the particular needs of the client.
Our associates are all former senior local government officers, and understand the sensitivities of working in a political and corporate environment and a performance culture. They have considerable experience of senior level management, coupled with specialist expertise developed through working directly in support of planning authorities.
To see our client list click here.
The services we offer
We specialise in specialist advisory support, whether in relation to local plan preparation, development management, training, organisational review or one-off services.
Local plan preparation:
- Critical friend support to prepare a good and sound plan. For details click here
- Local plan examination training - for details click here
- Supported learning groups - groups exchange experience and ideas. For details click here
- SHLAA support - a review of the robustness of a draft SHLAA as evidence. For details click here
- Training for officers and elected members, with a strong practical slant. For details click here
CIL and infrastructure planning:
- Advisory support to infrastructure planning and developing the CIL charging schedule. For details click here
- Development economics training on project appraisal, viability and the CIL. For details click here
- Supported learning groups - three groups explore infrastructure planning, developing the CIL schedule and the supporting management machinery. For details click here
- Advisory support on developing development management in a localism environment. For details click here
- Organisational review of processes and practices to focus on the most fruitful areas for change. For details click here
- The development management and localism learning group - bringing practioners together to share and develop ideas. For detailsclickhere
- Training for officers and elected members in the principles and practice of development management, and the probity issues which need to be addressed. For details click here
In addition to the specific areas of support listed here, POS Enterprises can assist across the range of planning activity, including design and conservation, climate change policy and development economics.
The experience of our associates as senior local government managers makes them the ideal choice in dealing with confidential matters and situations where a thorough appreciation of the local government environment is essential. Examples of such support include:
- Planning advice to the Competition Commission on the supermarkets inquiry
- Review of a complaint about the handling of a planning application
- Advice on the adequacy of staff resources for LDF preparation, to assist a staffing review
- A benchmarking study of development control resources
- Review of a whole minerals and waste and development control service for a County
- Support in interviews for senior planning posts
- Contributing to a review of whether undue influence could have been exercised over a core strategy
For a list of past and current publications click here