Who Are Planning Officers Society
The Society represents senior professionals and managers of planning functions in the public sector serving English Local Authorities.We are rightly styled as the credible voice for public sector planning practitioners.
We set out to:
- enable public sector planners to work together with Government and partners
- be a strong and united voice for public sector planners supporting and shaping planning policy and practice in local communities
- be a preferred point of contact for public sector planners where they can access learning, support and networking opportunities
- find common ground with other disciplines, organisations and the media to improve the planning process, policy and implementation
- broaden our membership and create a strong cohort of young planners, representative of the ethnic and gender diversity of the UK.
The Society's aim is to make planning more effective in delivering sustainable development to support the well-being of our communities.