POS Minerals and Waste Network
The Minerals and Waste Forum is a network of planning officers engaged and specialising in mineral and waste planning and working mainly in county and unitary authorities. The Forum has been established to:
- create a network to share and disseminate knowledge and experience;
- address and advise on issues raised by practitioners;
- liaise with, advise and seek to influence government departments (MHCLG, DEFRA, BEIS) and their agencies on policy and practice;
- respond to government consultations through POS;
- promote and produce good practice guides;
- liaise with the mineral and waste industry through their trade associations (e.g. MPA, BAA, ESA, UKOOG);
- represent the POS on the UK Mineral Forum, Waste Network Chairs, Aggregates National Co-ordinating Group, conferences; and
- promote the understanding and the importance of mineral and waste planning, the unique planning issues that they raise and how they relate to the wider planning system.
The Forum meets 3 times a year and has 3 Planning Advisory Groups (PAGs) working to it on Minerals (including an Oil and Gas Sub Group), Waste and Implementation (includes DM and Enforcement). These PAGs work on current topics and inform the Forum on issues raised.
Lonek Wojtulewicz, Leicestershire County Council
Phone: 01163 057040
Mobile: 07943 585857