If you are a planner working in the public sector in England, join us to be part of the leading body respresenting public sector planners and enjoy the full benefits of POS membership.
By joining POS you will receive:
- a regular e-bulletin keeping you up to date on key planning and POS matters
- access to draft responses by POS to Government consultation documents
- an opportunity to participate in forums, networks and/or regional meetings
- an opportunity to network with your peers and Government Officials
- an opportunity to participate in visits and study tours
- excellent value or free CPD events
- … and much more
Find out more about the benefits of membership.
Membership is available to:
- Any local planning authority or other public sector organisation that operates within the field of planning in England
- A planner who works for such an organisation
- A planner who primarily provides planning services to such an organisation
- A planner who is retired from either of the above roles
Most membership is by organisation. Click here to find out if yours is a member. If not, you can join as an individual.
If you are already a member of POS you can Manage your Preferences.
Further information about the two categories of membership (Organisation and Individual) are set out below.
The cost of membership is as follows::
£450 - Authorities with population more than 350,000
£400 - Authorities with population between 200,000 and 350,000
£325 - Authorities with population between 100,000 and 200,000
£250 - Authorities with population less than 100,000
£250 - National park authorities
£275 - Counties in a two tier structure
Such membership entitles planners working for such an organisation, who meet the criteria for individual membership of POS, to register as members of POS for the duration of their organisation’s membership. Such members have all the benefits of individual membership, but they will not personally be liable for an annual subscription, which shall be the responsibility of their organisation.
Where a planner works for such an organisation and either their organisation is not a member of POS or was but have not renewed their membership, such a person will need to become an Individual member of POS to maintain their membership.
If you do not meet the criteria for membership but still work within the field of planning, you can register as a POS Associate to receive email updates from POS by emailing the POS Membership Secretary.
As a member of POS you can choose: